G50VT battery
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
G50VT battery

G50VT battery

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wireless bluetooth GPS Receiver Review.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Wireless bluetooth GPS Receiver Review. Empty
PostSubject: Wireless bluetooth GPS Receiver Review.   Wireless bluetooth GPS Receiver Review. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 2:53 pm

This is usually a tiny bluetooth GPS receiver that i bought from Mobile Entertaining Ltd, I bought this to plug to my O2 XDA 2i PDA and this cost around £ 30. I was intially shopping on google for cheap GPS receivers this came up as the cheaper. I thought at that price are going to a catch, and any catch usually being very poor performance, but I was pleased! This thing really does work, and works well!
After searching for initial reviews on this subject device I designed very little other versus reviews from Mobile Fun Ltd, which I was shy to trust for concern with them being somewhat biased. I actually thought for £ 40 I'll go on a chance and so ordered, all credit to Phone Fun the receiver arrived the particular next morning. Upon opening the box I was a little bit disappointed, all the there was via instructions was a small to medium sized sheet of paper that had been loosely translated from Japanese to English by way of dyslexic toddler. You can download anyone manual from here and also Tomtom pairing manual from here. After following these instructions you will get it set up immediately. Another thing I noticed was that there are no manufaturer's name or marks anywhere over the device or the parcels, which makes searching for support very difficult.
A nice touch this particular little device is it's supplied with a power that is common to a lot Nokia phones (3. 7V 850mAh Li-polymer power, BL-5C), a quick search on ebay means that you may get replacement batteries for these receivers relating to £ 4 which is good to recognise should you need one.
What's In The Proverbial box?
Bluetooth GPS Receiver x1 12v For Car Adapter (USB) x1 Essential Instructions x1 Battery x1 HARDWARE Charging Cable x1
Assembly
Provided you follow that limited instructions for pairing with the device, and the Tomtom put in place instructions, you should be all set in less than 5 units. I have only priced the receiver once since i bought it about some months ago, the battery just may seem to last forever! The supplied in automobile charger and USB cable is the reason why the receiver can be charged traveling from a 12v source and will also be charged from any PERSONAL COMPUTER or laptop. From cold begin the receiver aquires some sort of usuable GPS signal exremely swiftly, quicker than most for the really expensive GPS receivers that I've are exposed to. The device is extremely small and may also easily fit into any space ?nside your car, or even your pocket for anyone who is using it for taking walks or cycling.
One small problem Used to do have is that when making use of it with my XDA 2i any Tomtom software would commonly freeze and cause me to give up the car, reboot the phone, then carry relating to my journey. At first I thought this was the end result of the XDA losing its hitting the ground with the bluetooth receiver thus confirming my fears about the expense of this product. It quickly became clear that this was false and it was in truth an issue with my PDA as well as the Tomtom software.
I quickly discovered a workaround in this issue between the Tomtom software package and my XDA that allows the whole system to your job flawlessly. I shall write a 'how to' during this workaround shortly as I believe many other XDA 2i users share the equivalent problem.
I do know that there are a known issue whenever using any bluetooth GPS receivers while using the O2 XDA 2 (note not XDA 2i) with the bluetooth stack settings which have been shipped with the smartphone, please be aware about this before buying this device when sure to encounter conditions.
Key Features
Compatible utilizing TomTom, Navicore, and all major GPS software products. 12 parallel satellite-tracking options for fast acquisition and even reacquisition. Provides superior selection performance in city circumstances. Built-in rechargeable Lithium-polymer battery provides above 10 hours of frequent use. Unit can be charged while using the included car charger while still utilised. Mini-USB charger compatiblty, charge but not only the Bluetooth GPS Receiver but compatible PDAs & Smart Phones together with the same charger. 3 colours Ended in show the status of Bluetooth/GPS/Power activities in this device.
Specifications
GPS phone: L1, C/A code, 12 options Tracking sensitivity: – 152dBm (average) and also better Acquisition sensitivity: – 139dBm (average) and also betterTTFF (Time to Earliest Fix): Cold Start: 50s (average) or 60s (95% possibility) Heat Start: 35s (average) or 40s (95% possibility) Incredibly hot Start: 2s (minimum) or 6s (95% possibility) Location accuracy: Standard Positioning Provider (SPS), WAAS (optional) 2DRMS: around. 5m Measurement data outcome: Update time: 1 secondly NMEA output protocol: /. 3. 01 Baud amount: 38400 bps (8-N-1) Datum: WGS-84 Style: GGA, GSA, GSV, RMC Electricity consumption: 75mA (average) Wireless bluetooth: Bluetooth version 1. couple of compliant Class 2 company (up to 10 metre range) Serial Dock Profile (SPP) Output fatal: Type B Mini-USB (TTL Level) Antenna Model: Built in Patch Antenna Solar battery: 3. 7V 850mAh Li-polymer power, built-in charger LED: Electricity (red), GPS (green), Wireless bluetooth (blue) Dimension: 64(L) times 39(W) x18. 5(H) mm Performing temperature: -20° C ~ +60° T Storage temperature: -20° T ~ +60° C; Power: -20° C ~ +45° T
Conclusion
A great little product that performs well beyond its range of prices. Check if there is any known difficulty with your device and wireless bluetooth GPS receivers before purchase as this could save you a lot of headaches. The only thing that lets the pills down is a reduction in documentation and online help support, other than this worthwhile the buy!
<! --StartFragment -->&nbsp; johnsreviews report: 8/10
Back to top Go down
https://g50vt.forumotion.com

Wireless bluetooth GPS Receiver Review.
Page 1 of 1